Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94

Thread: New little Apple

  1. #81
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmm.....I think thats irrelivant to the current fascinating discussion.

  2. #82
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's on it's way eidde. When you open the package, it may look like a cardboard box with a picture of a computer sellotaped to it. But trust me, it's a MacMini.

    Oh and Junglegym; I didn't have to upgrade my Mac's memory when I got it. How much did you get as standard? 1Gb seems to do the job for me.


    -------------------------

    Phew! That lightened the mood.

  3. #83
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hasselhoff

  4. #84
    Inactive Member jungleguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2003
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Mac, and don't laugh came with 64mgs RAM 10 gig HD in 1999.

    Its now got 768RAM, and 40 & 60gig HD. It also had a DVD reader drive. and I couldn't even burn CD's. I wipped it out 2 years back and stuck in a superdrive, so I now can burn DVD's with iDVD.

    I'm still using the origional graphics card, I have another for when I set up dual monitors.

  5. #85
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    64 Mb? Yikes. To be honest though, I bought mine through a third party vendor, so they may have upgraded it to what I needed before shipping it out. The extent of the conversation was:

    jb: "Yeah, I need to capture hi-res .tiff files from [expensive piece of proprietry camera instrument] at 120 fps and contrast it on the fly using [dodgy piece of proprietry software]. Plus we take timed exposures at 15 minutes using a [proprietry filter]. The firewire port on our PC keeps failing, any ideas?"

    Vendor: Send me your credit card details and I'll look into it.

    14 days later the Mac arrived.


    -------------------------

    Soooo glad it was a company card.

  6. #86
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    some macs chugging away on the mortus illumina edit

    P0118 202440 vi

  7. #87
    Inactive Member belovedmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2003
    Posts
    554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i know i called this guy a dumbass but surely asking me if i need therapy is beyond what can be called a heated debate and more just insulting someone because they have a different view point. Is there such a thing as a moderator around here?

  8. #88
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Monster, please don't take it too seriously, man. It's all supposed to be in good humour. I can take being called a dumbass because I am one. Honestly, there's no offence meant, since you started with the insult thing, I thought you could take it and it was just a bantering tone thing.

    Anyhoot, my insulting had nothing to do with your opinion, it was the fact that you clearly were not understanding or hadn't read what I'd written properly. To keep coming back with the same points over and over is just annoying when you had missed the point of what I was saying. Mabye that's worth bearing in mind. But then again, maybe not. What do I know?


    --------------------------

    Chill.

  9. #89
    Inactive Member jungleguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2003
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes but for ?350 you get..............

    http://apple.com/uk/macmini/

  10. #90
    Inactive Member assyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2000
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Forget PCs and Macs for editing - buy an MIPS SGI system with a high-end editing software like I did (Media Illusion). Add one of the most popular 3D-programs at the time (Softimage?3D) and you have never, ever to worry about upgrading, new features or other banal insufficiencies since the MIPS workstation line-up is pretty much finished and both programs have been discontinued.

    However, if you want to upgrade to the latest, similar package (since a product like Illusion does not exist on the market any more) then Avid offers you ?45K off the ?100K D?S Nitris price tag when trading in your old illusion.

    Anyone out there buying a Nitris and interested in a hefty discount?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •